PPC May PROGRAM
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Location: Science & Technology Building
# 70 on ESU Map
Bring your camera and take some shots before the meeting!
In May we will be photographing around the ESU before the meeting
from 6:00 till the meeting starts at 7:00. Each person should produce
five to ten photos taken around the campus just before the or
on the way to the meeting for those who can not get there early.
The images will be reviewed at the meeting with comments.
Then we will come back and view the photos.
If you want suggestions on how to improve your images ask away.
Our more experienced members are always happy to give good
pointers for improvement.
This is a Rain or Shine assignment;
So bring umbrellas or other rain protection if necessary.
If you can’t take photos before the meeting please take some images a day
or so before the meeting so everyone has some images of Spring to share.
We ask that everyone have their camera card completely free of
any photos other than the ones taken just before the meeting.
Scavenger Hunt 2014
It’s back again, The Scavenger Hunt. We hope many will participate.
It’s really fun. It is intended to stimulate the imagination, use a variety
of camera settings, and rely less on computer post processing.
This year will encompass photographers from both the Pocono Photo Club and the Palmerton Camera Club. Judges will be Terry Flatt, representing the Pocono Club, and Marc Beerman, representing the Palmerton Club.
- Ten topics (see list at bottom).
- All photos must be taken between April 1 and May 31.
- You may take as many photos of any one topic, but you can submit only one photo per topic.
- Minor post computer work is allowed using traditional darkroom techniques.
- Ok to add saturation. Ok to add dark and light. Ok to add contrast, etc.
- Minor cropping allowed but the aspect ratio must remain the same.
- No cloning. No post processing filters, etc. (On camera, lens filters permitted)
- Photos may be taken in either JPEG or RAW. Submit image format JPEG ONLY.
- Photos are to be put on a CD or Flash Drive and turned in, on or before May 31 at Stroudsburg Foto in Stroudsburg. (Pocono Photo Club Members).
- You may turn in a photo for all ten topics or just one or any portion of the ten.
Each person is on the honor system to follow the parameters.
Awards will be given as follows:
1. Best overall photos of all ten topics
2. 2nd best overall photos of all topics.
3. Best photo for a single topic regardless of topic.
4. 2nd best photo for a single topic regardless of topic.
5. Best single photo.
No person can receive more than one award.
1. Photo Showing Weather
2. Sunrise or Sunset
3. Photo of a Historical Site— local, county, state, or national.
4. A Still Life of a personal treasure or keepsake.
5. A Flowering Tree
6. A Black and White of something Farm Related.
7 A Photo taken outside at night.
8. Something in 3’s.
9. Child or Children.
10. Photo of a Photo.
Stroudsburg Foto Contest Winners
Fisheye - Laurinda
Sharp - Patricia Brageon
The winning photos can be seen in the Fisheye/Sharp album.
Join Pocono Photo Club
Just come to any one of our Meetings. See the Calendar for dates and times. When you're ready to join, here's the application New Member Application
If you have any questions about membership, please contact us. We're looking forward to seeing you!
NOTE: Please note that all pictures on this and on the following linked pages are copyrighted by their respective photographers. No digital duplication of any photograph on this website may be used without the permission of the photographer.